Assessing and Designing a Compliance Management System
The client did not have internal expertise to design the compliance management system required by its new national bank partner.
Bridgeforce evaluated end-to-end processes, identifying key steps and applicable regulatory touch points. With a clear understanding of the client’s business model, designed a compliance management system and control framework, along with enhancement opportunities.
- Designed fit-for-purpose CMS model and tool set commensurate with client’s current size yet scalable for future growth and expansion.
- Enhancement plan and implementation roadmap for sustainable success
A non-bank fin-tech lender sought to design a Compliance Management System (CMS) to effectively define, assess, prevent, detect and correct compliance risk in advance of an impending partnership with a national bank.
Bridgeforce assessed the operation and existing controls to create the design for an appropriate CMS model along with an enhancement plan and implementation roadmap. Specifically, Bridgeforce was engaged to:
- Perform end-to-end process maps identifying regulatory touch points
- Create a regulatory control Inventory, detailing the directive, preventive, and detective controls used to ensure adherence to applicable federal regulations
- Create a regulatory applicability matrix, identifying ownership, oversight and participation responsibilities
- Create a compliance structure including assignment of roles and responsibilities and linkage for board oversight
- Identify enhancement opportunities and prioritization
- Create an implementation plan for enhancements and compliance program build out